CAF Blue Lake
410 Railroad Avenue
Blue Lake, CA, 95525
We have two thrift store locations:
CAF Sunny Brae
88 Sunny Brae Center
Arcata, CA, 95521
Kitten room hours:
Our Sunny Brae location serves as our foundation headquarters and is where we operate our programs from (vouchers, adoptions, feral trapping, etc.).
Both locations have fabulous deals and often have adoptable adult cats, but only our Sunny Brae location has a kitten room.
Donation hours for both locations:
Clothing donations are only accepted Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
We LOVE receiving your donations, but do to a lot of a generosity and a limited number of staff and store space, we do have to set some limitations on what kind of donations we can accept and when we can accept them.
On Saturday we accept most donations with the exception of clothing. It may not always be possible for us to take donations in very large quantities. You are always welcome and encouraged to call ahead!
We do not have the capacity to recycle/dispose of items or to keep items at our facility that are unlikely to sell. Thank you in advance for understanding that it is not always possible for us to take everything and we have to use our best judgement when looking through potential donations. We are endlessly grateful for all the donations we receive that can help us save more animals.
General Donation Guidelines:
1. We ask that a staff person be allowed to quickly look through any donations that are brought in prior to accepting them.
2. We cannot accept items that are torn, stained, non-functioning, missing pieces, etc.
3. If you have a fairly large donation (e.g. a couch) please call ahead of time to let us know so we can prepare space.
If you have any questions about donating items we are more than happy to answer any questions via phone (7607-826-7387) or to speak to you in person at our stores. Your time and consideration towards our cause is highly appreciated!
Donation Item Guide
We try to take as many items as possible since this is our main source of income for the animals. Below is a list of items we can take as well as a list of items we may not be able to accept. There may be other items not on this list that we can accept.
Items We Accept
- Kitchen Items - Pots and pans, utensils, small kitchen appliances in working condition.
- Bedding Items - Comforters, blankets, sheets, etc. Must be free of stains, rips, and stretched elastic.
- Pet Items - Pet food, clean pet beds, bowls, collars and leashes, fish tanks
cages and carriers, igloos, etc.
- Furniture - Desks, chairs, couches, tables, dressers
- Clothing - Must be free of stains, smells, rips, etc.
- Shoes - All shoes must have plenty of life left in them!
- Knick Knacks and Paddy Whacks - Must be free of chips, cracks, missing pieces, etc.
- Children's Toys and Stuffed Animals - All pieces must be present and free from stains and excessive wear.
- Art Items - Yarn, crafty things, kits, paints.
- Artwork and Frames
- Newer Heaters
- Electronics - All pieces must be present and in working condition.
- DVDs and CDs - Must not be scratched.
- Vacuums - Must be able to clean our floor when tested.
- Pillows and Cushions
- Holiday Items - Accepted as close to the holiday as possible (a month or two in advance is preferable).
- Luggage with Pull-up Handles - Vintage luggage accepted if in good condition.
- Sporting Goods - Wet suits, bike accessories, skateboards, etc. Must be clean and have minimal wear.
- Musical Instruments - Must not need serious repair to be played.
Items We Cannot Accept
- Baby Items - Please call us. Our insurance won't cover car seats, cribs, or
any item that could be recalled for a baby/child.
- Used Bike Helmets - New condition is acceptable.
- Broken Items - If it doesn't work, we most likely will not be able to accept it!
- Older Air Filters and Older Heaters
- Cassette Tapes and VHS Tapes - We may be able to accept some VHS tapes in good condition.
- Water bottles or travel coffee mugs missing their tops.
- Plastic ware (e.g. Tupperware) without both top and bottom pieces.
- Bed Pillows - New condition is acceptable.
- Golf Clubs - We may be able to accept a couple of special ones if you let us know their value.