Welcome to Companion Animal Foundation
Companion Animal Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit animal rescue organization formed in 2002 in response to the high euthanasia rate of adoptable animals in Humboldt County.
We have two thrift stores located in Sunny Brae and in Blue Lake. The money raised in these stores helps us rescue and care for animals until we find permanent homes for them. We offer spay/neuter assistance for people on limited incomes, provide humane trapping methods for feral cats, run humane education programs, and a number of other services to the public.
All of our work, from adoptions to humane education, is aimed at alleviating animal suffering in Humboldt County by providing people with the knowledge needed to be responsible, compassionate caretakers for our animal companions. We believe that when you provide people with the means to make better choices, they make them!
We have helped rescue and adopt out over 1,800 animals since our founding, with our facilities specializing in cats. Click here to see galleries of our currently adoptable animals as well some of our successful adoptions.
We could not do anything without you, our friends and fellow animal lovers! We thrive through donations, partnerships, and of course our ever important volunteers! Click here to see how you can help.
We are proud to fund our work for animals while simultaneously providing great deals to our community! Click here if you are looking for information about our Sunny Brae or Blue Lake thrift stores.
We host and take part in a variety of social events throughout the year, ranging from educational outreach to wild burlesque fundraisers! Events happening in the near future are listed here.
While we would love to accept all items, a staff member must look through incoming donations to ensure they will sell.
- Donations are accepted 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- No donations are accepted on the last day of the month.
- No clothing are donations accepted on Saturday.
- If you're able, please give us a call at (707) 826-7387 before bringing large amounts of items or pieces that may require staff assistance to unload.
- Donations are accepted 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- If you're able, please give us a call at (707) 668-1800 before bringing large amounts of items or pieces that may require staff assistance to unload.